Views:287 Author:kunshanfeiya Publish Time: 2019-04-24 Origin:Site
The metal die-cutting machine is used in the metalworking industry. Its functionality is fundamental for this industry since it allows them to carry out diverse operations such as shearing, bending, stamping among others.
Die cutting is an operation that optimizes processes derived from the transformation of metals. In this article, we present its basic foundations and its importance to the metalwork industry.
It is a mechanical action performed on and executed by a metal stamping die, aimed at making holes in metal sheets, plastic sheets, paper or cardboard.
In the area of metalworking, it is classified as a cutting operation carried out between two sharp edges and shares characteristics with shearing, bending, chopping, perforating, stamping, etc., since they belong to the element transformation sector.
The machine charge process is called punch: consists of a punch and cutting die.
There is three types of metal stamping tool and die, suitable for all types of activities related to the transformation, namely:
• Simple: it is the one that operates each water hammer; you usually need other types of dies to complete assigned tasks
• Compounds: perform two operations for each hit
• Progressives: from different stages that modify materials according to cutting sequences cut by the designer to obtain finished pieces
As a reminder, the basic structure of the die is arranged in two parts that allow the fulfillment of the task. Its fundamentals: punch (male), and matrix (female) act together to harden, through tempering, the resistance of the metals to be transformed.
The difference is in the cut that is when the punch, smaller than the matrix, makes a clean cut, free of edges, on the material to intervene.
The cutting gap is evaluated through observation, so for example, if the last third of the material thickness shows tearing while the rest of it remains bright, it indicates that the action was performed optimally.
Cutting or stamping with precision, without residual filaments, with strong blows, at sustained speed, is what makes the difference with other transformation processes. Its importance for the steel, manufacturing and infrastructure industries lies in having the metals transformed for their implementation both in design and in the development of other materials.
Metal stamping parts companies can support their growth and continuous productivity considering these three primary elements when evaluating a new infrastructure:
1) The presses and their equipment must be flexible and can produce a variety of pieces. This type of versatility means less equipment on the production floor and less equipment capital costs.
2) Stamping companies must optimize the productive time of the equipment by investing in quick change devices that can reduce the time of change of work.
3) The automation of presses must be considered to improve the overall performance. On a more fundamental level, the Presses and their equipment must be reliable and well maintained. If the equipment is adequate from the start and a preventive maintenance program is carried out, the metal stamping tools companies can avoid downtime due to unscheduled repairs.